Ruralbase - hand-painted leather bags
Ruralbase is focused on developing and promoting rural leather and textile handicrafts of Bengal. They have over 15 years of experience in manufacturing processes which helps them bring differentiated products to the market.
They are an artisan based handicraft unit employing over 70 craftspeople with traditional craft skills.
Their colors and raw materials are lead free. Their products are regularly tested in reputed labs such as Bureau Veritas and SGS.
Founders Jashojeet Ghosh and Bidisha Ghosh have 15 years and 10 years of experience in developing handicrafts and liaising with foreign buyers.
Their embossed leather products are made using vegetable tanned goat skin leather. Every piece is embossed using a metal die, after which it is individually painted by hand using spirit colours.
Each product is then constructed by hand. The craft person’s eye for detail makes every product unique. Since leather is used, the colours become deeper and the leather becomes softer until it becomes an integral part of your life.
Moreover, they also provide leather products with designs embossed on them, which follow this route:
– Leather pieces are cut into different shapes using a cardboard die of the products to be made from sheets of genuine leather.
– Zinc plates are made by specialised craftsmen as per designs and patterns for embossing.
– The leather pieces are rubbed with a wet cloth to moisten it and to make it soft for embossing.
– Wet leather is placed on the zinc design plate and inserted in the press machine.
– The design is now embossed on leather.
Submit the form below to send your product requirements to this supplier directly. They will get back to you via your e-mail.